Thursday, March 17, 2011

Another food post


I bought these today...and suddenly I was craving chocolate in a bad way. I started thinking how wonderful they would be in chocolate cups with cream and chocolate....then I looked in the fridge and realized I had philly cream cheese and sour cream so I came up with this....a cheesecake with dark chocolate chips mixed into the filling...I cooked for 40min. then, let it rest in the oven for an hour....I placed blackberries, lemon zest and drizzled more chocolate on top....I devoured my dinner just to have a piece...and let me tell you......it did not disappoint!! The picture of the finished product is before I put the lemon zest on it...it was a last minute decision!

So this is what I used to make this:

Crust is 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs mixed with 1/2 cup of melted butter and 2tbsp of sugar....mix and then form to bottom and sides of pie dish. Place in freezer while you make the filling.

Filling is 8oz of softened philly cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sour cream, about 1tsp of vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of sugar ....mix well with blender, then mix in about a handful of chocolate chips. Pour filling on top of crust....bake in a 300 degree oven for about 40min....then turn oven off and leave for another hour inside. Take out of the oven and let cool on a rack for about 20-30min. Then decorate to your liking. For a normal cheesecake I double the filling but I didn't want to take away from blackberries and chocolate so I split the cheesecake filling recipe in half!! It makes a very lovely treat! Seriously....make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment