Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's all in the Salad

Ok....I actually cleaned the casa today...then I ventured into the kitchen! And this is what happened: (And as always click the pictures for better detail)



Who knew sweet italian sausage and apples create sweet magic in your mouth. I've been wanting to try this salad I found in Gourmet Nutrition for awhile but, was skeptical since it has apples and sausage in it... so excited to say it's fantastic and I have a new salad to share with friends and family! And my 6 yr. old daughter ate it. Easy, yummy and nutritious. I paired it with a spicy apple vinaigrette dressing that I found in the same cookbook! The consistancy of the dressing threw me off a bit but it tasted great. So, for something new and different try this:
Spinach leaves, 1/4 cup cooked quinoa, about a whole apple diced into small pieces, 2 sweet italian turkey sausages cooked and cut into pieces, about a handful of crushed walnuts and low fat feta cheese....and add whatever dressing you like...something sweet would go well with it or a balsamic. The dressing I made was 1 apple cored and skinned, 1/2 cup of walnut oil, 1/4 cup apple cidar vinegar, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste then puree in the blender. Chill dressing before serving.

The biscuits....well not healthy. And it came from a box that I ordered through Tastefully Simple. I could have eaten all of them...but I stopped after 3! Shhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment