Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kitchen Wednesday

The weather today is just amazing...the kind of day when you open up the house and breathe in the fresh air. Totally invigorating. My daughter and I ran our errands today (post office and grocery store) and made a list of fun things to do in the kitchen today. She helped me make fresh guacomole. We picked up the best avacodos at Trader Joe's over the weekend....when I cut them open today it was LOVE! So yeah...we tried this guacomole recipe and I have to say....very good. My very first job at 16 I worked in the kitchen at Chi Chi's El Pronto and made fresh guacamole every day...hated it then....love it now! Funny how your palate changes over time. Also, something I never would have tried at 16 is the recipe I found on Sensible Living's Blog that she posted on March 9th. I thought this would be a great cookie recipe for my 6yr. old to make. We added chocolate chips, cranberries and ground up walnuts to the recipe...healthy, easy and good. And, she loved making them!!

So, in my effort to be more "green" (I hate that word), I researched making shampoo and conditioner. The conditioner I found to be super easy....something I already had in my kitchen pantry....virgin coconut oil. There are plenty of YouTube videos about how to apply it...pretty basic though. I found two shampoo recipes I wanted to make. One we made today....I am a little skeptical about trying it now that's it's made...only because of the way it looks and it smells a little weird...not that appealing. I shall try it tomorrow morning and let you all know what I think. The recipe can be found here. It's a clarifying shampoo because I have been pretty harsh on my hair. The next recipe I know I will like better because it utilizes herbs I find appealing. Take a look.
Have any of you made homemade shampoos and had success?

And, because it's my mission in life to photograph everything I do now:

 The guacomole recipe would be even more exceptional had I had fresh cilantro but I didn't...can't have it all, right?














*Things that I have not done today or will do today: Make the bed, laundry, vacuuming, pay bills.....sometimes you just have to do things you enjoy and forget that other stuff until tomorrow... xoxo peace

3 comments:

  1. I saw your comment on takingyourbestshot.com and noticed your blog url of bellowsbreath.blogspot.com. Since I am a Taichi practitioner I love 'bellowsbreathing' and decided to come over and check out your blog. I really like your mission of photographing everything you do, this is really a fun and exciting awareness exercise. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to know someone knows what bellowsbreath means! Thanks for stopping by. I recently moved across the country and photography is really helping me cope with the "no family or friends" here. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL photos. i love love fresh guac..mmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete