Sunday, March 13, 2011

Protein, protein, protein

So, the cleanse is officially over. I had my struggles and weaknesses but overall I am content with my results. After every successful cleanse I crave good food...not fatty, sugary, processed foods. Last night I made the most amazing salad packed with protein for dinner. I have this cookbook and so far I have not been disappointed with any of the recipes. I usually have to modify them to what I have on hand but that's true of most of my cooking. The best part of this recipe was the dressing....and it was so easy to make. So I'm going to share with you a salad worth serving to guests...it will impress!

 Healthy Chicken Caesar:

You will need boneless skinless chicken breasts, romaine lettuce, fresh parmesan cheese, navy beans(drained if in the can) and red onion sliced thin (enough for a salad). I sauteed two breasts of meat on the stove with olive oil. I seasoned the chicken with a lemon pepper mix I have. Once browned and cooked through I sliced the chicken into strips. Now you will make the dressing.


Caesar Vinaigrette: (Now this is NOT a real Caesar dressing, it is a healthy version, so don't expect it to be the same) You will need:
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice (I found this to be a little too much lemon, adjust to your liking)
1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt (I used greek)
1 tsp fresh minced garlic
1 tbsp of capers
1tsp dijon mustard
 Add to a blender and puree.....yum

Assemble salad and serve dressing on the side!


Please click on the pictures.....these smaller pictures don't give it justice! I didn't have Romaine lettuce on hand so if I were making this for people I would certainly use a different lettuce than I did last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment