Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cloudy with Rain

I've just finished my shower and my oatmeal is cooking on the stove. The little one is still asleep....that doesn't happen often. I love the stillness of the morning. The birds are actively chattering....the skies are grey again and we are suppose to get rain. It looks like rain! Yesterday we were lucky and got a mid afternoon walk in....my 6 year old daughter said to me, "Mom let's make a plant and insect book". It made my heart smile because I loved doing stuff like that as a kid. I loved nature so much and still do! So we collected pretty leaves, flowers, no insects and brought them back to the house so she could draw them. It's so cute I have to share a few pages with you.




 Today's plan: Spend a rainy day inside.... finish a knitting project I started a couple of months ago.( Knitted and felted hearts stuffed with rice and fragrant herbs.) This was was my first felting project...the felting was easier than I thought it would be. I could have put the striped one through the wash cycle one more time I think.





And my yummy breakfast....Oatmeal with blueberries, bananas, flax meal, and maple syrup. Have a great Thursday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl... Missing you!
    Love reading your life.
    Here is my new site.
    http://hoos-home.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete